Monday, January 21, 2019

In Cold Blood


Image result for in cold bloodContributed by William, gr. 12, Jan. 2019

The non-fiction book In Cold Blood by Truman Capote is a meandering tale describing the brutal deaths of four innocent souls and the exploits of their deranged murderers in the American mid-west of 1959.

I found it to be a dull story with an extensive portion of the text that seemed to  be used simply to set the stage for the resolution. While the ending made for an interesting psychological tale depicting the results of abuse and trauma, for me,  it could not make up for the disappointing introduction.

I personally would not recommend this book to my friends; however, someone who has a deep interest into  psychological stories may find it interesting.  My main issue with the story was the writing style. It was often difficult to determine which of the many characters’ perspectives the author was writing from and I found the descriptive details to be excessive;  the build-up to the resolution took 200 pages. This is a book that I will not be reading a second time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contributing your thoughts! Please consider contributing to our blog. email teacher-librarian Ms. Burleson at wburleson@sd61learn.ca